Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Turtles and Racing

(See attached file: turtles.jpg)
OK what do turtles and bike racing have in common? Not very much other than location. We heading down Saturday to MD for the Greenbrier race. Ruth and I both planned on doing the marathon race in the morning. I was defiantly out because I had my accident on Thursday. But figured I'd go and hang out and take some pictures. So I got up early Sunday and rode my trainer for a few hours and helped Ruth get ready.


So I went I found what I thought would be a good spot to watch the race from. On the first lap Ruth was the first girl though so I knew she was leading it wasn't much of a lead maybe 20 seconds. Then on the second lap her lead seemed to be gowning and she was still leading on lap five. But then disaster stuck she had a flat and managed to get it changed but had trouble with the CO2 inflator and went from 1st to 5th.

I found out a couple of things first it's allot harder taking pictures of people racing than I thought it was, and second I'm not very good at it. So what about the turtles? When Ruth was looking though all the pictures from the race she wondered why there was about 10 pictures of the turtles and only two of her? It's easy I told her the turtles are slow and she's fast.

Justin

No comments: