Friday, June 12, 2009

OUCH

(See attached file: ouch.jpg)
Dateline April 23rd Moraine Mountain Bike trail. On the regular Thursday training ride a Moraine I went over a small log and did an endo. I got up and got back on my bike when I noticed a slight problem. My hand felt funny and I seen that my arm had a strange looking bend in it. Upon further review I came to the conclusion that it was broken. When Joe caught up to me he looked at it and agreed. So I walked and rode what I could to get back the car. I figured that I should go home first take a shower and head to the Hospital. I hate going to the Hospital because it always takes forever and it's filled with a bunch of that I try to avoid at all costs.


So after my long wait the Doctor confirmed what I already knew, that my arm is broken. Something I hate hearing and heard several times before is the Doctor saying "That looks really bad" Finally the Orthopedic Surgeon that was on call made it in. He said that he was going to try and set it. So after some pain numbing shots it was time. Wow that's a very strange sensation you get when they're trying to reposition your bones. After setting it, putting it in a splint and a few more x-rays it was time to leave. Wow and it only took 8 hours.

OK I don't even have any idea where to go from here. All I can say is what a huge disappointment, and keep replaying it over in my head and wonder how the fuck did I do it. I didn't think I was going to fast or landed that hard but I guess I did. As for how fast I was going looking at my Garmin it looks like it was around 18 MPH. So after 4 races my season got put on hold.

J


No comments: