Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mohican Wilderness

(See attached file: New Bitmap Image.bmp)
OK it's finally here my first race of the year turned out to be OMBC Mohican Wilderness. Finally I get to see if my training plan will pay off. Ruth decided not to go so I rode out to the race with Joe. I decided to race my single speed for to reasons first I thought it was going to be muddy and second and more importantly this is the only mountain bike I have for now. When we finally got there I was suprized by the number people that were there looked to be well over a 100. I was debating on whether to race Expert or Vet open. I decided to race the Vet open because I figured I was on a SS and it was the first race of the year.

After getting dressed and a short warm up it was time to go. At the start there was a little drizzel coming down and the temp was around 50 I think not really sure. When the whistle went I got a nice hole shot and managed to be first into the woods. Just like I figured it was muddy and wet, but I just tired to have fun with it and not get furstated. I knew that I was in the lead of the group I started with but just kept going at it. The conditions for the first lap weren't to bad but got worse with each lap. This was one of the few races that had a little bit of everything wheather wise. It was raining hard at times, sunny, windy and was even hailing at one point. But finally 2:46 after I started it was over I won the Vet open and came in second overall.

I was very happy with how it turned out, for a couple of reasons. First was that I felt good so I guess some of my training paid off, second I was happy with how I held up to the conditions. Hope the conditions are a little better for next race.

Justin

No comments: