Friday, June 19, 2009

Outlaw



I'm counting two things the days until my cast comes off and the number of races that I'm missing because of it. Either way it just sucks there's really no getting around it. Over the Memorial day weekend we decided to go camping we wanted to go to Ohiopyle. But due to waiting so long the nearest camp site we could find was the River's Edge in Connellsville. Which was OK because I wanted to ride the Rail Trail and do some hiking. Saturday we rode towards Ohiopyle and did some hill repeats on and long rocky climb. We also found a really cool waterfall it was tempting to jump in but it was a bit to chilly for me.


Sunday was fun we took the tandem or "the sled" as I like to call it out on the Rail Trail to McKeesport and back. It was pretty fun a little over 80 miles, but the thing is with riding on the rail trail is it seems like allot more work than it should be. It's flat but it's allot like riding a trainer as soon as you stop pedaling you stop and the constant sitting makes it just a bit unpleasant too. But I was happy to be riding and the weather was good.

Monday we heading in to Connellsville to get some breakfast. We did a little bit of exploring across an old rail road bridge. I thought it was pretty cool and just a bit scary, but someone else found it to be terrifying experience and was worried about getting arrested. After we got across we did a little more exploring on some quad trail but nothing else as cools as the bridge.

No comments: