Monday, August 4, 2008

It's that time of year

It seems like it's far away but it's really not. What am I talking about? Cyclocross season......it starts in late September and early October but now is the time to start getting ready. I've got a lot to do between now and then. First, I need to get a crossbike then start working on dismounts and some bike handling skills. I decided that after having such a blast racing at the crits, I want to try to extend my season by doing cross racing this year.

I've done it in the past and but had gotten out of it and want to give it another go. The bad thing is that I sold my crossbike. But the good news is that I'm getting a new one (thank you Geo Bush for the stimulus check) it's always fun getting something new. One of the problems I'm facing is which one? Thanks to being financially handicapped it narrows the choices down some and availability makes the field even smaller.

I thought of buying a frame and building one up with some old and some new parts, but after doing the math there's not much of a savings. I have it narrowed down to three the Redline Pro, Trek X02, and the Specialized Comp double. I liked the Lemond Poprad but none are available in my size. I'm sure that I'll be happy with whatever I decide because their all great bikes.

Next thing I'm working on is trying find someone to share a ride with down to the Mountaineer Stage race this weekend. Seems like there's a lot of other stuff going on but I'm sure I'll be able to find someone.

Justin

No comments: