Thursday, August 21, 2008

I didn't do any races last weekend and it felt strange not making plans to race. This was the first time in 8 weeks that I didn't race on the weekend. But the break was nice and it gave me a chance to catch up on a few things and do some longer rides. I actually got a chance to ride with Ruth for a change. She always likes to go do some practice on the rocks so we went up to Moraine on Saturday for a few hours. It was a blast and the trails were in great shape and the new trail is getting ridden in pretty well.

Ruth doesn't agree with my advice for riding in the rocks. It's simple: go faster because the faster you go the less time you'll spend on the rocks. So the less time you spend on the rocks the smaller the chance of wrecking on the rocks. Maybe someday she'll see it my way.

Sunday I was finally able to hook up with Scott Root and we made the trip to Kennerdell. I've ridden several times before but this was going to be Scott's first time. I know the way around up there OK but have trouble putting it all together. We were out for about 2 hours when we ran into some friends and I was glad that we did. They took us on some new trails and I think that the next time I go there I'll be able to put great loop together.

We did some sections twice but Scott and me rode for about 4 hours and got over 35 miles in. There was even some stuff that we didn't get a chance to ride. But it was a great day for a long ride. Something else that made this weekend even better was I managed to stay upright the entire time. I plan on heading down to the Ace Adventure Center for WVMBA race on Sunday.


Justin

No comments: