Friday, September 25, 2009

Month of Mud Part #1

Way back in the day my first bike race ever was a Month of Mud race at Brady's Run. Don't even remember where I placed but I do remember that I had a good time. So after lots of racing I still always try and put some MOM races on my to do list. Now that the Month of Mud is all grown up it even has it's own web site www.monthofmud.org Sunday kicked off with the time trial at Bavington, I think this format works great for the course. While I was waiting to go out I seen Shane go out maybe like third. I was very surprised to see him coming down the road that you cross over in the first mile. I thought maybe he was lost or something. But upon further inspection I seen he had I nice gash on his forearm. He went over the bars early and was coming back to get it fixed up hope you have a speedy recovery Shane.

Lately I've only been riding my SS so I decided to race it. It was my turn to go and I felt OK but no great. I don't ride at Bavington to much so I only remember some of the highlights. It seemed like I was riding fast but not to smoothly and was being pretty sloppy in the corners. When I crossed the road for the last time I knew the end was close. When I finished I looked at my time and it seemed a little bit shorter than last years. I finished first SS and 4th overall with a time of 40:43 only 16 seconds better than last year.

This weekend should be a good one too. Planning on going to the Revenge of the Rattle Snake on Saturday it's the last WVMBA Ultra of the season. Then Sunday off to the MOM cross race at Raccoon to test my cross skills. For some reason I like racing on back to back days the hardest of it for seems to be the traveling.


J

No comments: