Wednesday, May 5, 2010

They call me Dustin

Out of the 4 races last weekend we decided to go to the second WVMBA at Mountwood. First choice was the Middle Mountain Momma followed by the Michaux race. I crossed both of these out because I didn't feel like having to leave on Saturday and pay for a motel. So that narrowed it down to the Grassman and Mountwood. I guess Mountwood won because I've been there before and it's always been a good time. It was raining on and off for the entire drive but finally we got there. I had decided to use my SS today because it's the only bike that was ready and I thought it might be better with all the rain and mud. At the start everything was going good until the hill at the start seemed longer this year than in year's past. Finally at the top and into the singletrack I was pretty far back at this point. Funny thing on the first lap the trails seemed to be in better shape than I had anticipated mostly running water, lots of turtles and but not much mud. Then on the second lap some sections seemed to be allot muddier but nothing to crazy. In the end I managed to finish 4th overall and was 3rd expert Montana had a great race and got the overall win on his SS. In the end I wished I would have sucked up the drive and cash for a motel and did Michaux or the Middle Mountain Momma. I had fun but it just seemed like such a waste of a day 6 plus hours of driving for only 2 hours of racing. But here's what someone else had to say about the race.

http://www.newsandsentinel.com/page/content.detail/id/529431.html

I guess in a way I deserve this? Because I always forget people's name and butcher their names as bad just as bad as they butcher mine. But whatever it's like I was never even there.

J


No comments: