Friday, August 21, 2009

Back to Back

(See attached file: Templeton.bmp)

Last weekend I think maybe I reached a milestone. But either way I did something that I've never done before. I really don't like bragging about feats or accomplishments but I this one was a pretty cool and seemed note worthy. Are you ready? OK here it is back to back centuries. Saturday's was a trip on the road bike to Foxburg and back 5:20 ride time and about 5:50 total time and yes it was hot and humid. Sunday was an action packed fun day on "The Red Sled". We rode along the Allegheny river up to Templeton and back on the Armstrong Trail. We wanted to go a little further but was unsure if the trail ended or what the deal was. There were no trespassing sign up and bikes hanging from trees and that's when we decided to turn around. But it was nice to finally get a full century in on the Red Sled because we've been close several other time. About 7:00 or ride time and out for a little over 8 hours which included a little picnic like lunch from Gray Avenue Market in Templeton. Plus we got lucky because Sunday was just as hot and humid as Saturday.

J

No comments: