Wednesday, July 22, 2009

RVR

Every time something happens to me I hear it way to much "WHEN WILL YOU EVER LEARN?" It's really not about learning to me. Because sometimes it seems like I learn something new almost everyday. To me it's more about balance and Risk Verse Reward. I think this can be applied to almost anything in life. So to put it simple no matter what your doing there's rewards to be had and risks to taken. My problem always seems to be finding the balance point of the two.

Last Thursday while riding at Hartwood with Echo and the Mogwhy I was presented with a RVR decision. Nearing the end of our ride we happened to see a nice log that someone built a ramp onto. The Mogwhy gave it a few attempts and was able to clear it and made it look easy. Echo tried a few times with no such luck, so while waiting and watching I did the math in my head. Make it and it will really good and if you fail no big deal. After I few attempts I keep getting to the highest point and would always stop. Then I built up some confidence and decided the reward would out weigh the risks. But even before I made it to the highest point it seemed like someone pushed my front tire off of the log. After I got up and started to go back to the start is when I noticed the huge gash in my shin. So I never got to the reward but found out about the risk. I'm happy because it could have been worse. Everyone said that it needed a few stiches, I agreed but hate the hospital. So after a quick stop to pick up some supplies we doctored it up and hoped for the best.

Justin

No comments: